OPSD v2.4 is another big release and below we will outline those changes and how they will affect those of you upgrading from previous versions of the software.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING BEFORE YOU UPGRADE:
- You will require a new license key so make sure that you request one via the support area and wait for it to be delivered BEFORE you do your upgrade. In order to simplfy licensing, provide in software feedback of how long left to run and to enable trail versions of the software we have had to make cahnges to the way it is licensed.
- You MUST be running SQL Server 2005 or above with Full Text Indexing enabled. If you are running any of the express versions then you need to ensure that you have the advance services version installed. If you try to run the upgrade before you have enabled this service it will fail. Steps on how to enable this can be found here
So what has changed in the release?
- We have added the ability to add multiple files to a support request at the point of rasing or updating the request, there is no limit to the number of files that can be attached.
- Incoming (polled) emails that have attachments are now added to the support ticket raised or updated.
- A new digital signage page has been added to display helpdesk call data, this can be accessed by opening http://helpdesk_address/phm.aspx
- Alert messages displayed by the helpdesk now auto close.
- Both the site and the location are no visible from the main asset details page.
- You can now attach multiple files to an asset, there is no limit to the number of files that can be attached.
- You can now edit asset custom data. Any custom data that has been setup for a certain asset type can be editied from within the asset details page.
- You can now add and edit asset supplier images
- You can now add and edit asset manufacturer images
- You can now link multiple assets to each other. i.e. A desktop PC could be linked to both a monitor and a digital camera or scanner.
- An asset item image can now be updated.
- When bulk uploading assets these are now recoreded in the audit trail of the asset
- Asset custom data can now be added to exisitng assets where there was no data previously.
Resource Manager (Room Booking)
- When creating a timetabled booking you have to select the week from a drop down list, this is open to human error and could really mess up the booking calendar if the wrong week has been selected. The week is now auto selected based on the booking date and no longer requires the user doing the booking to select the week.
- Admins have now been excluded from the advance booking restrictions and are free to book as far into the future as they wish
- The ability to remove a single timetabled booking has been added
- The ability to remove a whole series of timetabled bookings has been added.
- My bookings (user area) now only shows personal bookings, any timetabled bookings have been hidden and the user can now delete thier bookings directly from this list.
- A new digital signage page that displays the current days free/booked lessons can be accessed by opening http://helpdesk_address/prm.aspx
- The ability to link a member of staff to more that one queue has been added. Previously it was either one or all now you can select any number of support queues.
- The ability to turn off the quick links menu has been added
- The ability to turn off the knowledge abse has been added
- More support for Windows 8 and IE10 has been added
- Security errors generated by the software are now recoreded in the event log
- Ability to auto create new users accounts when using LDAP authentication has been added
- YouTube support has been added to the new/update knowledge base article pages
- Email polling page for a support queue now has a password confirmation box to ensure passwords match
- When a support queue has email polling enabled a new "envelope" icon appears to show this is the case.
The are more updates and fixes that have been applied in the version and full information can be found here: http://opsoftware.net/tracker/changelog_page.php
Remember as part of your license your are entitled to our free remote upgrade service, if you would like us to upgrade your helpdesk for you please log a support request so we can arrange a time to carry this out for you.
Edited by ICTNUT - 28 Feb 2013 at 9:54pm